Gethsemane International Ministries is a body of believers who gather together in Bangalore under the leadership of Pastor T Prabhu. We are a growing community of 200 people, seeking best ways to serve the people of Karnataka. We have been gathering for eight years and continue to consider this as a blessed calling by God to love, serve and share our Lord Jesus Christ within these communities.
OUR CORE BELIEFS INCLUDE
- WE BELIEVE the scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE there is only one True God – revealed in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the trinity)
- WE BELIEVE the Church has a mission to reach the lost. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consist of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Passion to share the Gospel
- Respect and value all people
- Spiritual Growth
- Worshipping together is a privilege
- Living and serving as a Community
- Love God, Love People and Make Disciples
- To SHOW people to Jesus Christ,
- To TRAIN believers to become disciples
- To SEND disciples out to impact the world
- To reach up, reach out and reach in.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Over the last seven years, Pastor Prabhu has visited and seen a lot of deprived and poor people, uneducated people and street beggars. He has also seen people who are jobless, homeless, orphaned and many ailing people. Convicted of a heart for his people in Bangalore and the state of Karnataka, filled with compassion has put his faith in action. Gethsemane International Ministries are feeding, sharing, caring and church planting.
We go to the streets of Bangalore and local community
and feed the homeless using the food
that the church has provided.
Gathering together, discussing and discovering
more effective ways of improving living
conditions in Karnataka State. We listen to people,
Where needed and possible we provide medical aid to individuals in Karnataka State.
Currently we have eighteen house churches through the work of our street evangelism. Here we seek to empower, encourage, enrich and enable the people in the state of Karnataka.
WHAT WE WANT TO DO
Set up an education centre in Gethsemane International Ministries, allowing people of all backgrounds affordable education.
We would like to offer health clinics within the state, providing urgent medical aid.
Supporting people to improve their condition of living through walk in clinics.
WAYS IN WHICH PEOPLE CAN HELP:
- We offer gap year placements
- We offer short term mission opportunities
- Keen to work in partnership with likeminded individuals and groups
- We welcome donations of equipment’s or/and Finances.
- We welcome people with specific expertise that compliment the work we are doing and seek to do.